Fall is here!! So tonight I made a protein cinnamon swirl bread and an apple pork tenderloin… yum! I’ll post the tenderloin tomorrow but for now…
Jamie Eason Cinnamon Swirl Bread: http://www.heandsheeatclean.com/2012/06/clean-eat-recipe-jamie-easons-cinnamon.html
For once I followed the recipe pretty closely, I’ll bold the things I changed.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Low fat Organic Vanilla Yogurt
Apple Baby Food (or just natural apple sauce)
Vanilla Whey Protein
Oat Flour (**I use a gluten free blend; Namaste Perfect Blend is my favorite for baking)
Truvia and Splenda (I used the Splenda in the batter and the Truvia to top… but mainly because I’m trying to get rid of my Splenda, I prefer Truvia)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix the following ingredients together in a small bowl & set aside:
– 1/3 cup Truvia
– 2 tsp cinnamon
3. Mix the following ingredients together in a large bowl:
– 1 1/2 cups of Gluten Free Flour
– 1.5 scoops vanilla whey protein
– 1 tsp baking powder
– pinch of salt
– 1/2 cup Splenda
4. Mix the following ingredients together in a small bowl:
– 2 egg whites
– 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
– 1/3 cup or 4 oz of apple baby food
– 1/4 cup low fat organic vanilla yogurt
**I’ve never understood why you mix things in 2 different bowls. I mixed the dry ingredients and then added in the wet ingredients and mixed it all together again.
5. Spray 8X8 dish with canola oil spray.
6. Pour a shallow layer of batter into the dish .
7. Sprinkle heavily with half of the cinnamon/sugar mixture (from step 1).
8. Repeat with the remaining batter & add the remaining cinnamon/sugar mixture on top.
9. Draw a knife through the batter to marble **make sure to do this, I didn’t for the last layer and had a bit of a sugar crust on top, still delicious but not as pretty
10. Bake for 25-28 minutes
*My dad had a piece and really liked it too. Might not look like much in the picture (I need to get better at that) but, it’s so good!