Yesterday I got side-tracked by the inspiring bloggers post so today I’m writing about the spiced apple pork from Tuesday night. First of all, it’s delicious.
Here’s the original link: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/spiced-pork-tenderloin-with-sauted-apples-10000002012820/
Here’s what I did:
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pork tenderloin- center cut/lean cut (cut into strips)
- Canola oil cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 thinly sliced unpeeled Gala apples (I think I used basically 2 medium apples)
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1/3 cup apple cider
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Combine first 5 ingredients; coat pork. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add pork to pan; cook pork until almost done (about 3-5 min/side).
- In second pan, melt butter and swirl to coat. Add apple slices, shallots, and thyme; sauté until apple starts to brown. Add apple cider and pork to pan. Lower the heat and cook until pork is done, stirring occasionally so apples don’t burn
Plus, here’s my workout from today:
PT lunges and deep squats (all just slow, controlled, trying to stretch my range of motion)
1 min balancing/foot
15 bicep curls
15 skull crushers
20 lateral shoulder raises
20 slow crunches (2 counts up, 2 counts down)
20 Resistance Band Rows
15 chest presses
20 oblique crunches/side (on the last set I did Russian Twists instead)
Finished up with some fine muscle drills from physical therapy and am now icing… had to stay at home so I wasn’t tempted to push farther than I should. I’ve said it before: I’m not used to being this good after an injury. It’s frustrating feeling held back but trying to remind myself (and have friends remind me…) that I’d much rather be able to dance at the wedding and hike on the honeymoon than get a 20 min bike/cardio in today.
Turkey Chili tonight! One of my favorite fall recipes 🙂 What are some of your favorite clean recipes for cold weather?