Happy Valentine’s Day! For the first time since I met him, hubby and I are in the same place. So, even though it’s kind of a silly holiday, we’re going to dinner etc. tonight. Are you all doing any active date nights? It’s hard in the middle of the week but it gave me the idea, I think for a future blog post I’ll research and post different “fit dates” (input is welcome 🙂 )
Anyway, I’m back in Okinawa and back to doing cardio! Phase 2 of the Jamie Eason trainer adds cardio back in, except for on leg days. I did biceps and triceps today and then I did a hill interval on the treadmill. Still hurts my foot to run (waiting on new MRI results) but walking up hill doesn’t bother it too much so I figured it would be a happy compromise. I’m still not following her diet as strictly as I probably should to see drastic change, but I am, of course, still eating clean.
- Barbell Curl: 3 sets of 10
- Cable Curls with Rope Attachment: 3 sets of 10
- Tricep Rope Pull-Downs: 3 sets of 10
- 3 sets, Superset: Alternating Hammer Curl (10) and Tricep Dips on Bench (15)
- SkullCrushers: 3 sets of 10
- Tricep Extension: 3 sets of 10
Then I did 3 sets of 30 “air bike” and 2 sets of 15 “v-ups” for abs before moving to the treadmill.
When I was back in MN I made pork one night and was trying to come up with something new using ingredients that were in the house… Pineapple Salsa Pork is what I ended up with and it was good! Sorry the pictures aren’t great but I figured it was better than nothing.
- Pork (or chicken)
- Corn or Pineapple Salsa (or make it from scratch)
- 1 lime
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- black pepper to taste
- 1/2 C chopped pineapple
- Juice the lime and mix with garlic, pepper, and approx 1/4C pineapple juice: Marinade Pork for at least 15-30 min (I cut up the rest of the lime and pineapple and threw it all in the bowl)
- Add some canola oil to skillet and heat on Medium, add in pork and remainder of marinade
- Cook pork for approx 2 min. on each side and then add 1 tbsp./pork loin into the skillet
- Sear pork until done (approx 5 min/side… time varies)
- Top with Salsa to taste
- Serve with Quinoa