Well I was sick all last week so workouts were minimal but now, aside from a runny nose and scratchy throat, I’m feeling much better and got into the gym Saturday and Monday. Saturday I just did a quick leg workout and then yesterday I did biceps and back plus cardio. The really exciting news is that I was able to jog for a full 2 min before my ankle started hurting! For those who haven’t been following… I hurt my foot back in August and have since discovered that I’m going to need surgery. It’s been a long and frustrating recovery, not being able to run or really even walk at down-hill angles without being in serious pain. It started to hurt at about 1:30 (I was attempting intervals) but not like before, hopefully that means I’ll at least be able to get some strength back into the joint before surgery to make for a quicker recovery. I think I’ll have to take a couple days off intervals now to let it recover but, it’s encouraging!
Aside from that just still busy trying to get everything sorted out for the move. Had my last day at the hospital here which was bittersweet so just finishing up some checkout processes for that and trying to keep a semi-normal workout schedule with all the crazy.
The movers are coming a couple weeks before we actually leave the island so I bought a bunch of groceries to make healthy freezer meals that we can reheat. Figuring it will not only be better for us but also save a decent amount of money compared to having to eat out. Do you have any favorite, healthy, meals that reheat well?
Since life is getting busy and that seems to be my most common excuse (and I know I’m not the only one) this seemed appropriate:
For those interested in the workouts, here’s yesterday’s bicep and back. I did a lot of pyramid sets:
- 4 sets of 12 bicep curls (lighter weight/warm-up)
- 3 sets of incline curls (8, 12, then 20 reps adjusting weight)
- 3 sets of 12 cable lat pull-downs **get a bench or stool to sit on and put the center of the cables, with hands facing center, pull down squeezing your lats. I’ll try to get pictures, got this one from the trainer I’ve been working with**
- 4 sets of cable rows (12, 8, 12, 20 reps adjusting weights as needed)
- 3 sets of hammer curls (8, 12, 20)
- 3 sets of 12 lat pull-downs
- 2 sets of 20 bicep grip lat pull downs (hands narrow)