It’s hard to believe that it’s been almost a year since hubby and I got married!
We’ve decided for our anniversary we’re going to stay around D.C. Since moving back hubby has barely been home and we want to be able to actually enjoy the area we live in. Plus, it saves some money on hotel and gas etc.
My physical therapist finally said I can start running intervals and building my time up that way (so working toward 20 min of 1 min jogging, 2 min walking for now). So that’s super exciting and it encouraged me to try to find some active date ideas for our anniversary weekend. Now, I still can’t do anything like rock climbing or a 5k run so some of these are more active than others…
1. Corn maze- get outside and try to run (or walk) through a corn maze! Plus you have to work together to get out 😉
2. Apple picking- same idea, just get outside and move around!
3. Bike tour through the city, or just rent bikes and make your own tour!
4. Rent a canoe or kayak and go enjoy the fall colors out on the water– find a river or lake around you and go enjoy the fall colors
5. Hike- we have the Blue Ridge Mountains pretty close by and I have the optimistic idea that in another month I may actually be able to start hiking again
What active fall date ideas do you have? Is there something you do every year or something new you’re trying this year?