This past weekend we had a bunch of people hubby works with over for dinner and then I found out four of them were vegans… panic moment. I scoured Pinterest for vegan desserts (the dinner was easy I got vegan veggie burgers) and finally found this vegan, gluten-free apple crisp. It was super easy and, relatively, healthy. I found the recipe at Exhibit Health but doubled the amount of “crisp” on top and played with some ratios. My recipe ended up like this:
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Combine the following ingredients and bake for 10 min in a lightly greased 8×8 pan:
- 4 Medium apples
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp all-spice
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
3. While the apple mixture is baking, combine the following in a medium bowl:
- 1 C gluten-free rolled oats (I use Bob’s Red Mill)
- 2/3 C almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil (warm up in the microwave if needed)
- 4 Tbsp Maple syrup
4. Once apples have baked 10 min, spread the topping over the apple mixture. Bake another 25-30 min (until golden brown on top).
I also made this lemon cheesecake dip I’ve posted before, but this time added in 1 tsp almond extract which was really good!
Yesterday I had physical therapy and did an arm workout with cardio so today became leg day. I set up a circuit style and my friend and I did it together, I was def. tired by the end of the second circuit and my ankle had fatigued so I called it good. Here’s what it looked it…
We did the reps as quickly as we could with good form and took a minute break in between each set.
- 15 Bosu Lunges/leg
- 12 squats
- 12 lunge with rotation/leg
- 12 squat to kick/leg on heavy bag
- 12 sumo squat with wood chop
- 15 side lunges/leg
- 30 mountain climbers
Get at the workout! And then you can enjoy the dessert 😉