It seems life has been even crazier than normal lately. Hubby’s been working longer hours, we’re planning lots of family trips the next couple months and I’ve been trying to make new recipes in the time I do have.
Yesterday’s workout was a combination of my physical therapy exercises and leg exercises at home while I was waiting for the plumber (our garbage disposal was jammed) and today I did the Blogilates DVD and some extra arm exercises.
This past weekend (oops, should have posted by now!) I made pumpkin french toast on a whim. It was so good!
- 4-5 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 C pure pumpkin puree (if you want it really pumpkin-y do 1/2 C)
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- 6 pieces whole grain bread- I use Rudi’s Multi-Grain gluten free bread
- Whisk together the ingredients (other than the bread) and pour into shallow dish
- Dip bread in mixture, leave in a few seconds on each side to soak in the egg mixture
- Transfer onto a warm, lightly greased pan or griddle
- Flip the pieces while you cook until they are golden brown on both sides
Serve with pure maple syrup and a cup of coffee and enjoy!