First of all, a little competition update. I’ve found a coach and we decided that for this season I do not have the muscle mass for the figure class but I’m not giving up! I will be competing in the bikini class on April 25. Which means I’m already at 12 weeks out! After my momentary freak out of realizing how close it is, I am now very excited!
That being said, slight shift in how I’m working out and today was leg day! I haven’t done this many lunges in months. I can’t add in weight on moving lunges yet– have to focus on keeping my core tight a bit longer and get my pain under control– but you can easily add weights to any of the lunge movements.
10 Walk out push-ups
5 Walk out spidermans
- 2 x walking lunges, run back (lunge down the court one way, run back)
- 2 x lateral squat walks
- 2 x grapevines
- 2 x backward lunges, backwards run back
- 12 squat to ball toss
- 12 straight leg deadlift with hammer curl
- Walking Lunge to scale (I’ll try to get a video up soon)
- Walking lunge to balance
- 20 calf raises
- 12 hamstring bridges
- 20 core exercises (I alternated in three of my diff. physical therapy exercises, if you’re doing the workout just add in an ab exercise)
Off to a doctor appointment and physical therapy for the day. Hope you are having an awesome week!