Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms and moms to be out there! I also want to say “you are amazing” to anyone who has lost a child or who has been unable to have a child. You are all awesome.
Hubby was gone today so I was left to my own devices for dinner. I decided on turkey burgers but I don’t have the patience to use our charcoal grill and didn’t want to spend a ton of time on dinner when it’s just for me. So, I skipped the fresh chopped veggies I usually put in and used the broiler in the oven. In about 20-30 min. I had delicious, juicy turkey burgers.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1.25 lbs lean ground turkey (get the 93%, not 99% if your diet allows)
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 egg white
- 1.5 tbsp hot sauce (I use Frank’s)
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
Optional toppings: Fresh onion, lettuce or spinach, cheese… any of your favorites!
- With clean hands, combine all ingredients in medium mixing bowl
- Once turkey is well mixed, form 6 patties (about 3/4″ thick) and place on broiler tray (you could use a baking sheet with edges)
- Oven rack should be approx. 6″ from broiler
- With broiler on low, cook burgers approx. 8 min on each side
- Once burgers are golden brown and inside temp. has reached 165 degrees, remove from oven
- Place on lettuce wrap or bun and enjoy! **Gluten Free note: Pictured is Rudi’s GF Multigrain Bread, Udi’s makes GF buns but I find they’re usually too thick