Hello again! I know I’ve been quiet for some time now- I’d like to say it’s going to get better but with work, my new school schedule, and the baby due next month… I’m just going to be realistic and say I plan to keep posting for fun/as I can but unfortunately can’t make the blog a priority right now. I do post regularly on Instagram and Twitter so you can always follow me on there!
This morning was my Saturday so I took advantage and made Protein Pumpkin Spiced Pancakes. Last year I posted Pumpkin French Toast but pancakes just sounded better this morning. I combined two recipes I found and played with ratios a little bit, one is Jamie Eason‘s and the other is from Dashing Dish.
This recipe makes about 3 servings.
- 1 scoop vanilla protein
- 1.25 C oats (*I did 1C oats with 1/4 C almond flour)
- 1/2 C pumpkin puree (NOT pie filling)
- 2 egg whites, 1 egg
- 1-1.5 C unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1-2 tbsp sweetener of choice (stevia, ideal, coconut palm sugar)
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- Put all ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth
- Let batter sit (it will thicken a bit as it sits) while you heat up a lightly greased griddle on the stove over medium heat
- Scoop approx. 1/4 C of batter onto griddle/pancake and cook until you see bubbles in the middle- flip and cook on other side (approx. 3-5 min/side)
**I only used 1 tbsp of coconut palm sugar and then used pure maple syrup to top/sweeten.